Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January happenings...

took me to UK to visit family and friends.  The days were a whirlwind, conversations, eating and catching up.  A day trip to London, followed by a few hours in the local mall where I reconnected with friends after four years of first meeting them.  The power of technology and social networks keeps us all connected.

This year, the personal intention for me is to be what I fondly refer to as "a sugar sabbatical", staying away from desserts and chocolates and candy.  So far its been doable, some hidden sugar is packaged goods I am overlooking.  Honey, yes I love my honey in tea so there, I am in a good place of living out this intention.

I spent a day with my family in Toronto, middle of the afternoon we met, the grand-babies my delight.  There life continues to remind me how fortunate I am, a gratitude to continue in my heart and in all interactions.

Yoga continues in life, and has brought me to New York City.  Here I continue to share space where we practice, eat and sleep.  Jason has opened his home for us to hang our hats and share our practice of asana, meditation and philosophy of yoga.  

New York always brings new surprises, new friends, old renewals and this time a poignant nostalgia.  Some friends move on with their life, leaving memories in places, where once shared was laughter and joy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment