Friday, February 16, 2018

A trip to Nicaragua

Why Nicaragua? I was asked when some people heard of my upcoming trip here.  From questions like “ is it safe?” or “what are you going to do there?”  

All sincere concerns and questions!  So here I am, three weeks later, penning my thoughts.   From spending time at San Juan del Sur, to the trip to Granada, friends and new friends made along this journey.

A picture is worth a thousand words, let me begin with some





El Pacifico



Alvin - Pottery maker

Granada








Nuestra Casa, Jungle Room

Delicious Pakoras at Casa Oro






Mango Salad at Casa Oro







Breakfast at El Pacifico
Sonrisa Cafe, Granada, Nicaragua

Most of these pictures are untouched, yet touched me deeply and completely.  

Amidst the chaos of backpackers and tourists, the locals live their lives.  Wanita asked me to find her a boyfriend in Canada, so she can be close to her family living in Kitchener, Ontario.  A friendly and energetic warm person she is ready to sing and break in to a dance with a lightness and rhythm. 

All the locals that I met, are the ones employed, plus some passerby in my walks.   Each touched me with their smile and warmth. 

The plan is to return this fall, with a group of people, to share a yoga experience.  The owner Muffadal or as they refer to him Jefe, has graciously accommodated my request for space in one of his hotels, for the 200 hour yoga teacher training


Check out the hotels where I stayed: Casa AndaluciaNuestra Casa, Casa Oro which is the hub, a meeting place setup as a piece of art.  My longest stay was at El Pacifico with a few minutes walk to a quiet beach.  This is where we will meet in October 2018 for our first Nicaragua 200 hour yoga teacher training.  For training details visit the website for Center for Natural Living



No comments:

Post a Comment