Sunday, May 24, 2009

in flight

on two different flight segments i encountered this........the person behind me talking incessantly........on one occasion i heard the life story of this person, all the men she had met and who had somehow wronged her, her sisters' life story.............and on and on.............the tone and pitch of this person was not soothing to any ones' ear. .......... as i moved a few seats ahead, i met an interesting lady, we spoke briefly and in low tones, she smiled at me and said "i could hear her four rows up, don't blame you for wanting to change your seat"..............the second time around i was not so lucky, the flight was full..............the steward re-assured me that such people normally quieten down once the flight is airborne..........lucky for me he was right............

i apologize to all the passengers, in buses, trains or planes, who i might have tortured by my inconsiderate and loud chatting..............the promise to myself, when in a crowd silence is golden

No comments:

Post a Comment