Wednesday, August 31, 2011

language for communication...

in one aspect of life, "silence is golden", and to borrow these lines from a song "you say it best when you say nothing at all…"

But we teach our young ones to speak, to read, and sometimes to communicate…

So I start to learn Spanish, again, with the Spanish teacher, a different one...and I ask myself why can I not invent a language, that no one has to learn, and i smile cos we all know the answer to this one, the language of love....the hardest to master….we all think we know it and speak it, but who gets it? I guess no one, hence, all the conflicts...

Back to Spanish. this is Latino culture, so the “words” of love are spoken generously, and i find myself repeating those, they stay...slowly conversations are happening, between the “no entiendo”, “repete por favor”, and of course “si”, when in doubt.

The other day in the buffet area, i was asked a question, i was not attentive hence, “si” was easier to say, the girls in the kitchen were looking at me expectantly, and seeing the nodding of the head, they all shouted, “no, si”....the guy was asking me to reaffirm that on first sight women check out a guys butt...when i said “eyes”...all the chicas gave me a “high five”...i guess people, generally men and women focus on different things, at different times…

is this a lesson in a language, or just a lesson...no se

No comments:

Post a Comment