Sunday, February 20, 2011

when the ground shifts...

doing yoga under the sky, surrounded by the stillness of the mountain, the quietness of the pond and the silence of the trees...i find the vibrations from the music moves the cells, as the body flows through different asanas (shapes)...the awareness of the breath is my anchor...

i am in a backbend and look up to see the gliding eagle, my spirits soar, I spread my arms in a swan dive...the rain falls, and I am laughing as I continue the practice...

 the clouds move and the sun comes back out, the warmth on my skin is nurturing,  I lie in savasana...

a converation with a friend, and the question comes up of feeling "ungrounded", yes its a feeling we all share...stay with the feeling, it will pass... we agree that  the yoga practice, with the breathing awareness and meditation, helps one to find that ground beneath the feet.

Yoga by the Dead Sea
shifting sand

No comments:

Post a Comment