Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 16 - Heathrow airport - terminal 3

A woman smiled when she saw me walking with my right shoe in hand……the blister was bothering me so I decided to be bold and walk, one shoe in hand, pretending that it was the most normal thing to do after a long flight…………..Boots pharmacy sells blister plaster, which has worked wonders………as I walk around the airport, wondering what to eat I see a sushi place…..Yo to go (across from Harrods)……….the place is bright and clean, offering packaged meals to take with you on the plane or you can sit around the counter…….. in full view the food is being prepared and a small conveyor belt moves various dishes for you to select. The TV monitor explains how this restaurant operates, and if you do not fancy anything that passes by, you can push the red button and a friendly staff will be over to help you with the order………….. A full stomach feels satisfied and nourished after eating a bowl of miso soup, edamame beans, rice with teriyaki sauce and green tea……all for a mere 4.70 British pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment