Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bokhara and vicinity

We went to Chor Bakr, which means to visit the necropolis of the sufi saints............imagine my delight when our host turned, pointed at a tree and asked if the same tree grows in Pakistan, as he picked the fruit he said this fruit is supposed to lower blood pressure........I looked at the the cherry size berry, green in color and as I tasted it I was jumping in bliss, this fruit is called bayr........for the next half an hour I was more interested in bayr picking, and thanked all the departed souls for giving me the opportunity for this discovery.......were the saints cringing in their graves at this frivilous, desire fufilling gesture...............later after our touring of this wonderful site, we sat under the mulberry tree........one of the groundskeeper, Gulnora invited us to share the food brought by people as part of the offering (tabaruk)......... dumplings which were akin to small size parathas.........all was good

1 comment: